The following commodities are NOT acceptable for transport by DHL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.This is a result of a policy decision, following the full consideration of Operational, Legal and Risk Management implications.
- Dangerous goods, hazardous or combustible materials (as defined in IATA regulations) including asbestos
- Drugs / Narcotics (illegal)
- Firearms, parts thereof and ammunition (Firearm parts may be acceptable for carriage domestically within USA, please contact DHL Airways for details)
- Human remains (including ashes)
Any item(s), the carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any federal, state or local government of any country to or through which the shipment may be carried.
The following commodities MAY be acceptable for transport by DHL. If the stated conditions or circumstances are complied with or if there is a pre arranged contract. Please contact DHL for more information and refer to country commodity listing for additional country specific restrictions:
- Alcoholic Beverages – spirits usually not acceptable
- Animal products, plant products and plants – very restricted
- Antiques or Works of art – valued at less than $500
- Collectible and/or irreplaceable items – valued at less than $500
- Drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Fur(s) and Ivory and Endangered Animal Products – valued at less than $500
- Industrial Diamonds/Carbons – items are carried on an exceptional basis
- Medical samples – may only be carried if NOT classified as dangerous goods
- Negotiable instruments – in non-bearer form only
- Perishable items – temperature control not guaranteed. Items must be professionally packed
- Precious metals and stones – items are carried on an exceptional basis
- Watches, Costume jewelry – individual items less than $100 & total shipment less than $25,000
Restricted and Prohibited Articles (Export) with UPSThe following items may be shipped to countries outside the United States, where service is allowed, on a prearranged basis only:
- Alcoholic beverages*
- Dangerous goods
- Diagnostic specimens
- Personal effects**
Service is limited and is subject to certain restrictions. Contact your UPS international account executive or call the UPS International Customer Service Center at 1-800-782-7892 for further details.
The following articles are not accepted for transportation by UPS to countries outside the United States:
- Animal products, nondomesticated
- Live Animals
It is the shipper’s responsibility to comply with current government regulations or laws applicable in each country. Shipments are subject to inspection and possible delay by customs officials or representatives of other government agencies. Certain countries have additional prohibited articles. For additional information, call the UPS International Customer Service Center at 1-800-782-7892.
*Alcoholic beverage shipments are accepted for transportation only from certain states. Please contact your UPS international account executive to determine in which states UPS accepts such shipments.
**Personal effects are permitted only to Canada.